4 Things To Consider When Buying A Smartphone


Two main reasons have been
responsible for changing of these
phones – phone damages or
dissatisfaction with the smartphone’s
performance. Consequently,

the 4 important points I am highlighting
here are connected directly or
indirectly to these reasons and based
on personal experience. If you
therefore consider these points when
next you are buying a smartphone,
you will cut down on the chances of
the need to quickly replace the phone
again due to any of the two reasons
stated above.


1.

The Internal Memory

When I got my first Android
smartphone, I made the big mistake
of not attaching enough importance
to the size of the Internal memory.
That phone has an internal memory
of 1 GB with 70% of it already
containing pre-installed applications
which cannot be uninstalled by
default. Once I connected to the
internet, some of these apps notified
me of available updates. I happily
decided to update all but to my utter
dismay, the internal memory was
completely maxed out. Some updates
even failed due to lack of space and I
could not even install any other
additional app of my own.

At the end I had to reverse the
updates in order to have space to
install just a few of my own apps.
This problem persists even after
buying a memory card because every
app still requires a little space from
the internal memory even when it is
possible to install that app on the
external memory. Sadly, I knew right
then that I will not be using the
phone for a long time.
I will recommend going for nothing
less than 2GB internal memory with
at least 75% of it free after all the
pre-installed apps. Many low-end
smartphones are guilty of this flaw.


2.)

The Screen

Well, this is another reason many
visit smartphone “engineers”. Seems
it is inevitable we have to all drop
our phone at a point in time. The
only thing to probably hope for is
that when it does happen eventually,
it will drop on our cushion, pillow or
bed and not on the office or church
marble floor.


I read somewhere that the industry
and many smartphone users now
prefer those screens that feel and
look like glass because they have a
clear surface, can be easily cleaned
of smears and fingerprints and are
quite resistant to scratch. Well! Be
careful when that is your only
attraction because the more “glassy”
they look, the more easily they break.
My oldest smartphone that has
survived many falls has a plastic-like
screen. It recently got cracked but it
was a small crack with no further
messy black ink damage. I guess
what I am simply trying to say is that
if you are used to dropping things, go
for those screens that feels less like
“glass”. Their “breaking” can be
messy and fatal, except if you can get
a good screen protector for them.


3). Fixed or Removable Battery
Well, I have heard some experts said
that fixed batteries are stronger,
more durable and last longer than
removable batteries. The problem is
when your smartphone suffers a
problem (e.g. hanging or freezing)
that a simple battery pull would
possibly resolved. You have to start
thinking of a visit to an approved
customer service technician which
may or may not be close to you.
This is because if you rush the phone
to some of our freelance “smartphone
engineers” in a quick-fix move and
they open up the phone and
something goes wrong, taking it back
to a manufacturer approved
technician would become an issue as
they may charge you some
outrageous fee because you have
purportedly “voided” the warranty
on the phone since you gave it to an
unapproved person to open.


4) Availability and Proximity to
Manufacturer-approved Technicians

No comments

Powered by Blogger.