Cristiano Ronaldo wants new 10-year contract with Real Madrid

Cristiano Ronaldo scored six minutes into his return for Real Madrid as his side cruised past Osasuna 5-2.
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has advised club president Florentino Perez to offer him a new 10-year contract extension, after the Portugal captain belatedly began his 2016-17 campaign with a goal in Madrid's 5-2 La Liga win at home to Osasuna.

A knee injury picked up in the Euro 2016 final in early July meant Ronaldo missed all of Madrid's preseason and the first two La Liga games of the season, but he quickly got on the scoresheet in Saturday afternoon's straightforward home win at the Bernabeu.

The Portugal captain's current deal with Madrid runs until June 2018, and planned talks between his agent Jorge Mendes and Blancos chief Perez have reportedly begun over an extension with the player himself saying last June he could see himself playing at the Bernabeu until he was 40.
Asked about the latest on that contract extension in the Bernabeu mixed zone after the game, the 31-year-old said:"I don't know, you would have to talk with the president. Things are going well. The media have written it already, you know more than me. If I were the Madrid president, I would give me 10 more years."

"I dont see anything else in my career [except Madrid]," Ronaldo added. "That is what I want most. This is the biggest club in the world, so it should have the best players."

Local reports have claimed that Madrid's hierarchy want Ronaldo to allow himself to be rotated at times this season, to avoid a repeat of recent years when he has reached April and May struggling for full fitness.

After Saturday's game, coach Zinedine Zidane denied that they had talked about any arrangement over playing time, while suggesting it would make sense to ease Ronaldo back to fitness given the team now face a run of seven games in just 22 days.

"I've already rested," Ronaldo said when asked if he should ration his playing time. "Now I need to play."
Ronaldo was on the scoresheet after just six minutes, tapping in Gareth Bale's assist, played a part in Madrid's second goal, scored by Danilo, but was withdrawn just past the hour mark.

"I felt good physically, I could have played the 90 minutes without problems," he said. "But in some actions I went in a bit scared, although that is normal having not played for such a long time. I have picked up match fitness, felt good, scored a goal; all was perfect."

Ronaldo has two Champions League titles but just one La Liga trophy during his seven years to date at Madrid, and said he was "confident" his side could dethrone current champions Barcelona this season.

"We want to win all the trophies, but La Liga we have not won for four years now, and we want it," he said. "I see the team ready to do that. I'm confident we can do it."

No comments

Powered by Blogger.